Thursday, November 6, 2008

What to do...What to do...What to do????

What do you do when your children are invited to a birthday party and there is no money to buy a gift???
Well, here is what I did and the total cost was $0.00!!! How is that for frugal.
I made a personalized folder with stationery.

I took a paper folder and added scrapbook paper to compliment the color.
Stamped various words onto matching paper and embossed them.
Then glued it all onto the folder.
For the contents I printed horse clip art onto several pieces of paper and some envelopes. Return address lables with the birthday girls address completed the gift!!
There is another birthday party on Sunday.... I think we will do the same thing for her too.


2 comments:

Leingang Family said...

Great idea! It looks so cute. Doesn't it feel good to be so creative?

Remember, we aren't poor, we're creative. Oh, and green too! LOL

Congrats on the 20 pounds!

See ya tomorrow!

Heather & Chaos said...

Wow what a GREAT idea! I think it's awesome that you were creative and were able to spend $0. I bet she gets more use out of it than other gifts that probably cost $20 or more!