Tuesday, June 3, 2008

All Washed Up

I love the laundry soap we made, so when we ran out of liquid hand soap, I figured there must be an easy way to make it!!.
I did a search and this is the
recipe I used.
I figured this cost me $.50 per batch. (I made a double batch)
Mine turned out a little thick (I think I over cooked it), so I have added more water to it over the past few days. It still comes out of the pump OK.
Play with it and make it the thickness you prefer.
Have fun!

PLEASE NOTE:
I am adding this on 6-11-08.
My soap came out really thick, almost a solid, although squishy.
I do not think the recipe calls for enough water.
I ended up emptying my jug of soap into a 5 gallon bucket and kept adding water until it was not slime. The water in the bucket while still warm looked just like thin soapy water.
After it was cool it was the normal consistency of liquid soap.
I ended up with 3 1/2 gallons of liquid soap!!!
I originally had made a double batch, so you might want to start out with a single, and add more water than the recipe calls for.
Good Luck!!!!

8 comments:

Gayle said...

Hey, you entered bloggy land! Welcome! I might pull it together this week and link to your liquid soap recipe.

Good talking with you today.

Unknown said...

I stopped by from Gayle's blog. Hi!

Thanks for the link to make liquid soap. I didn't realize it was so simple!

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

Thanks for the link! I liked their suggestion of adding essential oils, too. :)

Blessings,
Michele
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Nicol said...

Thank you for sharing this! I have been trying to cut down on the cost of cleaning supplies. As soon as I run out, I will give this a try.

Tonya said...

thanks for sharing that recipe with us!

randi said...

Thank you for the link! I will be trying this for sure. I already make my own laundry soap, so this will just be another step in that direction!

BeckyJ said...

Thanks for this awesome tip! Will definitely try this. Blessings to you!

Felicia said...

Here's my review after a year of using the homemade laundry detergent recipe: http://www.blulow.com/2008/07/21/homemade-laundry-detergent-experiment/