Friday, June 6, 2008

Welder in the House

2 1/2 years ago my husband, Allen, decided that he should switch jobs at the paper mill where he is employed.
He moved from the paper machines to the millwright program.
This also meant working straight days, no more shift work!!!!!
(I love it!!)

While he has been in the training program he has had several tests to take and has passed each one. Yesterday when he came home from work he announced that he was now a welder.

He passed the written and welding tests!!
Way to go, Babe!!

Here is a picture of some of his practice work.

Allen gave me and the girls a very simplified lesson in welding.
Who says homeschool has to be hard??!!
That was a painless science lesson if I ever did see one!

Now, what in the world do I do with these pieces of metal anyway???

No comments: