Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fort Worden

















My husabnd has been intrigued with Fort Worden State Park ever since he went there as a child.
We have gone a couple of times since we have been married, but this was the first time we took the girls.
I guess the old forts are mostly a boy thing 'cause our girls were not too thrilled about walking in the old tunnels. I am not sure if me running out full speed ahead mumbling something about a bat had anything to do with it or not!!
Allen has always wanted to stay in an officers house so we finally did!
The out side was in desperate need of a new coat of paint, while the inside was very clean. I was impressed with the cleanliness. NO dog hair on the bed sheets!!
(Yellowstone could learn something from these people!)
We had a short (1 night), but, pleasant stay.
The first day we checked out the museum and then for 3 hours walked among all the forts. I was able to relax and read a book in the evening!! WOO HOO.

We wish we would have been able to stay longer, but we enjoyed the time anyways.

2 comments:

Servant of Justice Bao Gong said...

hello Mr & Mrs Junt,
I must say you stay in a beautiful region- the seascape is fantastic & it is the dream home of all of us here in Singapore. Singapore is too crowded with people and concrete buildings. I do hope to visit your country soon.

mulia
justicebaogong.blogspot.com

Leingang Family said...

Thanks for finally posting pictures! And the fort thing is a guy thing. We will have to go there someday, because my crew would LOVE it!

By the way, I love the picture of you and the girls!