Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas #1 and counting

Well, the Christmas season of gift giving has officially begun.
While my sister from Kansas was here, we decided to exchange Christmas gifts.
I did not realize this until less than 24 hours before the exchange!!!
I had things ready to go that would be perfect for everyone except my nephew.
Boys are difficult for me. He is a teenage boy that likes to cook, sooooo here is what I made him.


Here is what you will need to make your own personalized cookbook:
1 - 3 ring binder w/clear pocket on front cover
Page protectors
Assorted recipes
Cover page

I found clip art online and added the border and title. Printed this out and slipped it into the clear pocket.
Printed copies of recipes(I have made)and put into page protectors.
Put page protectors into binder and you are done!!!!

He loved the cookbook and is ready to try the recipes and add his own.
This was a quick and inexpensive gift!
I already had the page protectors and the binder cost me just .99 at Grocery Outlet.

I did need to purchase a gift for my Brother-in-law, but I found it at Grocery Outlet also.

The total for this gift exchange cost me $3.98

I gave my niece jewelry I hade made and my sister an assortment of thank you cards I hade made.
Everyone loved the gifts.
Even though it was short notice and very, very frugal the gifts fit the person and were well liked!!!
I say we are off to a good start!! Hip-Hip hooray!!!

1 comment:

Leingang Family said...

Great idea! I've done them for wedding gifts, too!