Friday, December 26, 2008

Quilt Tradition

My mom started a tradition when I was little of making and giving quilts for Christmas. I also have started this and the kids (all 2 of them!! LOL) on my husbands side all get a quilt. They don't get one every year, but every few years after they wear out or the kids have outgrown that size. This year was Jessica's turn. I bought the fabric before Thanksgiving but didn't get the quilt finished until 1 hour before they arrived for Christmas!! Silly me.
Here are pics of the finished quilt.

The front of the quilt.

The Backing.

Jessica's dad enjoying the quilt!!

2 comments:

Leingang Family said...

What a great tradition! You did a great job, too! By the way I love your new picture on the blog! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Adrianne said...

Hi Sally,

I got your blogsite on FB. It's great to be able to catch up.

Your quilt is beautiful! I would love to be able to do this. I can't sew a straight line to save my life.

I look forward to reading more about you and your beautiful family!