Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wrap it up

Christmas is coming and with it comes the wrapping of all the packages!!!
Wrapping paper is one thing that just is not in my budget!!!!
I usually wrap the packages in natural craft paper, stamp it with a tree in green, and add a raffia bow in either burgundy, or natural. My supply of FREE craft paper is dwindling down to almost nothing (Boo-hoo), so I am going to try being a little more creative with my wrapping. I have plain brown grocery sacks I will use as gift bags, I also have some cans that I decorated, that I can use for small gifts.
I will try and post some pics of how it all turned out.

By the way... the plain brown paper matches our homes decor!!
Natural, woodsy,outdoor kinda feel.
Also, my girls do not like it at all!!!!! They want the pretty (expensive) stuff that just gets all ripped to shreds and then we toss it out. I must be getting old, because that is such a a waste to me. Just throwing away good money!! UGH
So if I re-use and recycle then I don't feel so bad. And free always make me feel good, even if we do rip it and toss it!!
(I know I am silly)!!!
Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Latte said...

I got a gift the other day from a friend neatly wrapped in the comic section of the news paper. It was great!!! She made it look so nice! So that is another idea!

Latte